[MLB-WIRELESS] Setting up Routing Node in Carlton

Lee Honan lee at atypic.net
Sat Dec 17 13:45:00 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm setting up node JDS.  I have a 15db omni AP and a 25db parabolic
client atop a mast approx 8m off the ground in Palmerston Place, Carlton
(near Melbourne Uni). I have OK line of sight, except for a 3 storey
building beside me that blocks most of my eastward facing access.

It looks like the only viable node for me to connect to is HVC- but I'm
not sure if its panel has coverage of my sector.  Can anyone advise of
other candidates that connect into the MW network? I guess I'm hoping
that the Link Map is out-of-date.  I want to work out my options in
advance as rotating my mast is a bit of a mission.

If I can get into the network I'll provide a Routing AP for other nodes
in the area- looks pretty barren out here at the moment.

Cheers,

Lee