[MLB-WIRELESS] DIY RF tester

vak vak at alphalink.com.au
Thu Dec 15 23:05:03 EST 2005

Hey Bazza!

I'm going to try and convince my employer to buy me a power meter for
2.4/5.2....... I'm sick of not having any test equipment and/or being
able to tell if a radio/cables are stuffed....... *Real* test equipment
is just way too expensive for me.(and 2nd hand test equipment is rare as
chickens teeth in Aus) I've been looking at buying something like this:
  http://www.bvsystems.com/Products/WLAN/Butterfly/butterfly.htm for
basic tests...

It is still around $1300 from memory... Hardly worth it, but there is
almost nothing else out there that I can get my hands on quickly.

Anyone else got any advice ?

Cheers,

Vaskos