[MLB-WIRELESS] I have a project.....

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Wed Dec 7 14:08:11 EST 2005

Hi Guys,

  My work has decommissioned a Compaq Proliant 4500 Series server, which I was lucky (?) enough to obtain.

  4 x 100 MHz intel Pentium Processors
  700 odd Meg RAM
  External Raid Case with 7 x 2.1 GByte HD

  I may deceide to put this on the wireless side of my system with some services running on it (ftp/smtp/http??).

  Anyway, I would like to put Linux on this, currently has NT4 I am told. Has anyone tried this before and which would be the best linux to put on it.

  I have all RH's from 4.2 to FC4.  I am a bit concerned about the linux I put on it knowing how to run the RAID controller and SMP ability, hence asking the wealth of knowledge that I know exists within MW.

  Thanks for your time.

  Mark