[MLB-WIRELESS] New world record for wifi link (125 Miles).
peter at nmc.net.au
Wed Aug 17 18:26:21 EST 2005
Further to Horrace's comments,
David N, Mike campion & myself were discussing this at the meeting
more on the technical side of things and site viability.
What we were discussing was
- what feed design we could use
- what dish we'd use and where we could source a pair from
- what equipment and methods we could use for initial lineup
- what locations for inital trial runs
On the more practical front
- how viable are the sites for access - do we have to lug 100kg of
equipment up a hill
- time of year - ie the us runs were done across the desert
to get the dryest air possible.
- what levels should we start at (ie should we start with
maximum power & work down to at least allow for a progression
down to a long diversified link (obviously the hardest to acheive)
I've added the discussions we had and our thoughts to;
Feel free to add your input,
Message protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and content filtering.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at wireless.org.au
with "unsubscribe melbwireless" in the body of the message
More information about the Melbwireless