[MLB-WIRELESS] Old laptop linux install?

Mark Aitken vk3jma at wia.org.au
Sun Aug 14 16:13:15 EST 2005

Hi,

I have an old 166 MHz IBM Think Pad with a 5GB HD and only 32MB ram.

I used to run RH7.0 on it but never worried about things like Kismet etc.

Now that I have another laptop (133 MHz NEC Discovery) for windows, I
want to re-visit the Linux install on the IBM.

Has anyone got any ideas/preferences as to a install on a low end machine
lke this?  I have all the RH distro's from RH4.2 through to FC4 available.

The wireless card it has is a common Enterasys.

Any advice appreciated.

Regards

Mark