[MLB-WIRELESS] New world record for wifi link (125 Miles).

sanbar sandbar at ozemail.com.au
Sat Aug 6 10:31:36 EST 2005

Gary Winder wrote:
> Already suggested a few times, but still agreed. I'm not going to go to
> all the effort ot heading up to Baw  Baw unless there is a short range
> test first!

I live about 45km from Baw Baw with LOS from my house to Baw Baw's top
car park. I have beer, a barbecue, electricity ...

"Mt Baw Baw" lat=-37.8402525077, lon=146.263452007
"Killarney Lane" lat=-38.1706338312, lon=145.949676189
Distance is 45.9170 km

Good enough for a test run?

>  So, in the .plan, we should set a location and a date for the dry run,
> and chose a different location, somewhat closer  to melbourne. Even Mt
> Dandy would be acceptable. One other thing to note. It's still ski
> season, so no point using Buffalo or Baw Baw until it's over. So should
> aim for late October for the attempt.

No snow in a week in this weather, so they won't be charging the gate
fee ...

- Barry

Vak, beer mate?

--