[MLB-WIRELESS] New world record for wifi link (125 Miles).

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Fri Aug 5 00:47:53 EST 2005

I've been looking at the path loss calculations for this, and we're
going to need to improve by about 6-7db in RX...

 From the "radio link" software, it shows a -97db signal at the far
end. Even the Senao cards are -91db for 1Mbit. For this to work, we
will have to a) get more RX gain, and b) get even more RX gain.

If the link was dead on -91db RX, then we *might* be able to do it -
however there is ZERO margin for conditions.

Granted, the calcs were for 22db gain antennas, and 2db coax loss. we
could in theory gain 2db (less in reality) by strapping the equipment
directly to the back of the dishes being used...

Thoughts on getting those critical extra dbs'? :)

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Phone: (03) 9308 3238 - 0412 935 897