[MLB-WIRELESS] New world record for wifi link (125 Miles).

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 2 23:23:46 EST 2005

At 10:54 PM 8/2/2005, Ratbaggy wrote:

>Which gives a fade margin of 30 dB (HEAPS!!!!!)
>
>Problems:-
>
>* Finding a 200+ km path that vaguely has 1st Fresnel zone clearance.  Earth
>bulge becomes significant over these distances.  Suggestions anyone?????

Hmm, a tough one there.  Someone suggested Mt Macedon, but best distance
I've had without enhancement from there has been around 200km...  with 5W
on UHF CB.

>* Legales - EIRP +36 dBm. Although as long as we have a licensed radio
>amateur at each end I think we should be OK.

And we identify the station somehow, like using the callsign as the MAC
address, or sending UDP beacons with the callsign.  I'm happy to be on one
end of such a link to make it legal. :)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com