[MLB-WIRELESS] iBook pigtail [WAS] Modifying..., yes it is possible!....

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 28 09:47:16 EST 2005

>Yep, I handmake MC pigtails, so can do all sorts of custom work/mods/etc to
>suit your ibook.
>
>If you could take some photos of the innards (with approximate dimensions),
>it'd give me an idea of the space involved - if I know what i'm working
>with, I can recommend other options to you. I would like to see the mac at
>some point with its covers off - generally laptops don't have a lot of
>wasted space, so routing the cable could be an issue.

Here's a photo of a disassembled iBook.

http://macmod.com/images/stories/Posted%20Mods/ibook_overclock/30.jpg

You can see the internal antenna pigtail in the middle of the photo. I'm
thinking of taking out the modem and routing the pigtail to a connector that
would be mounted where the RJ11 connector is (closest to the back).

I'll bring it to the next meeting.

other photos of iBook disassembly:
http://macmod.com/content/view/51/2/
http://www.powerbooktech.com/knowledge,type-6.htm