[MLB-WIRELESS] RP-TNC Supplier & Linksys WAP-54G v2 Firmware

admin-list at deathnet.id.au admin-list at deathnet.id.au
Tue Apr 19 12:47:25 EST 2005

Thanks for the reply's there Rob, John, Peter and Dave :o)

John McClumpha wrote:
> can't say I like your chances - I ended up with a pigtail TP-TNC to
> N-type which then went to an n-type on end of the coax (also means that
> if you want to change AP at any time it's just a pigtail change)
>
> I got my stuff from freenet antennas - they might be able to do
> something for you if these are in fact available.

Looks like FreeNet is the go! I will be mounting the AP on the mast,
next to the antenna so a RP-SMA <-> N type pigtail will do the job here.

The losses should be no more then 0.7db using 500mm of CFD200 (plus 2
connectors)!

Also, my first idea was to mount a N type (female) panel mount connector
on the AP side of things (replace the RP-SMA). But for the life of me, i
can't find a N connector for RG-178??? (3mm-internal-coax).

--
Cheers, Mick
E-mail: admin-list at deathnet.id.au

"Man who say it cannot be done, shouldn't interrupt the man
  who is doing it."

¤°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ DeathNet - www.deathnet.id.au ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤