[MLB-WIRELESS] FC2, Cabletron wireless and sound woes.

Tony Langdon (ATC) tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed Sep 22 12:06:46 EST 2004

Just installed FC2 onto a Toshiba laptop for VoIP use (actually testing a
new setup), and run into a couple of problems.

Firstly, the system ran fine under Red Hat 7.3.  I was using the Cabletron
(Orinoco) wireless card and audio was working using ALSA and the OPL3-SA2
module.

Load up FC2, and the installer detects an Orinoco wireless device (good!),
but when I bring the interface up, the system says it can't find the device!
Similarly, alsaconf fails to find the sound device, even if I tell it to go
through every possible combination of I/O, IRQ and DMA.