[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless 56k modems

Mark Saward msaward at bigpond.net.au
Fri Oct 8 17:52:09 EST 2004

Hi,

I have a computer which is in a shed away from the house.  There is no
phone line out to the house, and it's a rural property so only 56k
dialup is the reasonable option.  I'm wondering about solutions to set
up a wireless connection from the phone line in the house to the
PC/modem out in the shed?

I've looked for wireless phone jacks, but it seems that they aren't that
great.  I haven't been able to find any wireless 56k modem routers that
I can plug into a wireless access point, or wireless modes.

Any suggestions for configuration options and places where I can buy
hardware from?  Not looking to spend too much, so basically considering
what options are available.

Thanks
Mark Saward