[MLB-WIRELESS] SVEC Power Hack

adamsmail at jvxp.com adamsmail at jvxp.com
Sun Nov 21 13:07:44 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm wanting to try changing the power output of my svec unit, but am confused by the settings in the SNMP manager.

For each channel, I have columns for CR17, CR20 and CR21

I also have additional CR1, CR2, CR3, CR28 and CR29 fields to the right.

I don't want to boost my unit to the full 100mw, as I've heard this increases noise problems, but I do want to increase it slightly, and try a few things with it.

Can someone please tell me which field(s) I should be changing, and to what values?

FYI - The problem I currentlyl have, is I'm trying to hit a unit through a lot of trees. I've found that I can indeed see the unit, but every now and then it just drops out, and I've got to play around again, to get it connect. (I think I'm right on the edge of the signal, and I'm hoping by increasing the power slightly at both ends, I'll be able to get a weak, but reliable link).

Thanks & Regards

Adam.