[MLB-WIRELESS] [OT] 1.5Mbit/sec DSL providers

Toliman toliman at ihug.com.au
Mon Nov 1 18:33:15 EST 2004

Rowan Crowe wrote:

>What DSL provider do you guys (in Melbourne) use and recommend? I'm moving
>house and certain circumstances involved with the ISP relocating the DSL
>are making me think twice about staying with them. I'm mainly interested
>in 1500/256k links, flat rate (shaped after download allowance exceeded,
>doesn't have to be unlimited).
>
>Any suggestions are appreciated. :)
>
>Cheers.

i can only recommend internode SOHO 1.5mbit, but it has it's
inconvenient times, i believe the flatrate plan has gone, but i might be
wrong.  otherwise, i was quite happy with it. funnily enough moving from
1500/256 DSL  to 512/256 DSL, its soul-crushing at times. (i can't put
my finger on it, the 80% data throughput is one thing., paying 3x more
than the US does for DSL, is another.)

accurately, here's a list of 1500/256 "unlimited" plans with
static/dynamic  IP addresses, sorted by price.

a few ISP's offer discounts if you sign up your home phone, but TPG is
the cheapest @ $99/Month,so that may or may not play into your decision
making. $150 - $200 seems to be the status quo, there isnt a lot of
difference or allowance for each ISP in the list, some have cheaper
256/64 plans, and more expensive 1500/256 plans.

<http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc-plan.cfm?state=vic&class=0&pre=999999&cost=0&speed=1500&ip=1&sort=2&dd=1&xeu=1>

Toliman