[MLB-WIRELESS] SSIDs and access to the network

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Mon May 31 16:03:42 EST 2004

Agreed.

At this point in time open free internet access on the wireless network
would be frowned upon.  That's simply not what Melbourne Wireless is about
and we certainly don't want to attract any of the negative elements that
come with free internet access.

The Melbourne Wireless network is an "Intranet".  It is a private network
exhibiting many of the Internets characteristics, there are even a few
indirect links between it and the Internet.

But there is certainly no Internet access, nor a need for it.

It's unfortunate that many people stumble upon Melbourne Wireless AP's in a
search for free Internet access and simply move on once they can't find it.
 Their loss I say.