[MLB-WIRELESS] Legal question

Jason X jxuereb at optushome.com.au
Sun May 30 14:44:15 EST 2004

I think the issue with the Television isn't really relevant to this case. If
you started downloading vast amounts of data from their network then it
would like be stealing someones television.

I think the question I posed is more along the lines of:

You are in the country walking on land that isn't fenced off but owned by
another person. This would surely come under tresspassing but I haven't
covered this yet. The same argument could be made with the situation and
connecting to the AP. But with telecommuncations there is surely a
Telecommunications Act.

I know you don't have a case under negligence or contract law.

I was just studying for my commercial law exam and the thought of this
popped up. It probally has nothing to do with the area I'm currently
studying.

Cheers
Jason