[MLB-WIRELESS] Legal question

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sun May 30 14:13:25 EST 2004

I think the main reason for legal/illegal is your intent. Yes, if you break
a WEP key, then you are breaking into the network and showing intent...

If it auto-connects, and it is your intent to break/abuse a network, then
it's illegal. If you opened up your notebook, and went "oh, it says I have
net access" and browsed a few pages, then I doubt you'd get into trouble for
it.

It all depends on your intentions.

--
Signed,
Steven Haigh

I am root. If you see me laughing, you'd better have a backup.
Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment. -
Jim Horning.