[MLB-WIRELESS] Legal question

Ben Short bshort at shortboy.net
Sun May 30 13:50:21 EST 2004

Yes, this is illegal, although a grey area

I remember having this argument a while ago on whirlpool. Essentially if
your computer connects to a machine without authorisation from the
owner, then it is unlawful.

the argument against me was "But if the connection is possible, surely
the remote machine has authorised it". I can certainly see the point the
person makes. By the same token though, do you go an steal someones TV
because they left their back door open?

Basically, if you dont think it is right, it probably isnt :)