[MLB-WIRELESS] Rental houses and antennas

David vk3jda at optushome.com.au
Tue May 18 20:07:36 EST 2004

I rented one house for five years and had no problem not only putting ANT's
on the roof, I had a 14M free standing tower and a 30 by 15' above ground
swimming pool in the back yard, which was all pulled out when we left with
no sign of it ever being been there. well may be where the swimming pool
was the new grass was a give away.

The small dish type ANT's for 2.4GHz are very small when it comes to ANT's
at HF and VHF that I have had up in the air.

I have rented 3 places and have had ANT's up at every place It's a must to
go to the owner not the agent (the agent's only say NO)

Some photos of good installs all so help.

David.

At 08:53 18/05/2004, rick wrote:
>ok so far at 3 locations i have had no problem getting permission to put a
>antenna ON the roof, my current house has a 6 meter one. none of my mast
>designs damage the house in any way (apart from a few broken tiles, buying
>spares before is a must)
>
>so all you people who tell people they will need ground mounted plates
>becouse the landlord will never say yes DONT, there is a reson people are
>happy if you stay at the one house for 5 years, becouse your paying off
>there bills, as long as it doesnt change the status of the house (ie you can
>take it down) they dont care that much.
>
>so before telling people no way how about stating that your assuming or
>guessing or you really have no idea, becouse from my experiances 3/3 100%
>hitrate well i would say yes they would let you put atleast a 3 meter on
>your roof.
>
>rick

           David
           VK3JDA