[MLB-WIRELESS] NodeHRW

Mark Aitken vk3jma at net2000.com.au
Sun May 16 19:07:49 EST 2004

Well we installed NodeHRW, not at it's original location but on a fellow
amateur radio operators tower.

It is about 17m above the ground in a fairly well located spot in Narre
Warren, north of Tinks road.

It has a DWL 900 AP+ (shhhh Ryan) @ 17dbm  and a 9dbi omni.

Preliminary tests point to the need for a AMP, 26dbi just does not seem to
cut it?.
I can only just register it in my 900ap+'s site survey at a distance of
around 5 Km, through a few trees.

There is still work to be done.  But when finished it should serve the
areas of Narre Warren  (North & South) ,Berwick,
Hampton Park, Hallam and maybe a little of endeavour hills (at lease east
E'Hills).

Still does not assist though in getting a lik\nk into the "greater melb
wireless network but we are also looking into that.

Anyway...onward we go.

Regards

Mark