COMM [MLB-WIRELESS] Node on a pole picture (info for Newbies)

Jamie Moir jmoir at jmcs.net.au
Thu May 13 20:36:13 EST 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Dan Flett wrote:

> The node's motherboard appears to be a Soekris (http://soekris.com/)
> net4521 - a mini motherboard designed for wireless networking.  And it
> appears to use two Senao PCMCIA cards as it's two wireless interfaces.
> And is being powered over the Ethernet cable (Power Over Ethernet or
> PoE).  The operating system (probably Pebble Linux) resides on a
> bootable Compact Flash card.

Im trying to organise interest in bringing in some alternative boards to
the Soekris;

266mhz geode
64MB ram
dual 10/100
dual minipci (I can supply Senao OEM, B, G and A/B/G cards)
CF for OS
POE suppoort
Com port for bios control
limited warranty
Target price $250, inc tax

Please contact me offlist if you would like to have your name down for
this. I can supply extras to suit as required. Im hoping to do this around
the end of the month, when they become available again at my suppliers.

Cya,

Jamie