[MLB-WIRELESS] Routing help.

vk3jma at net2000.com.au vk3jma at net2000.com.au
Tue May 11 07:53:58 EST 2004

Hello,

I have managed to get 2 lan cards working in my one of my linux boxes.

Now I have eth0 and eth1, both work as I have tested them seperatly by making
each the default interfacxe and pinging out of it.

Now that I have the ability to route, I want to set things up to have the
wireless network on one card and my home lan on the other protecting my home
lan with a firewall.

One thing I am just not sure of is routing. I know what it does and what it is
for but getting the finer points are a bit confusing.  I am using my Melb
wireless alloted ip address throughout my whole lan, wired and wireless.

Should I have seperate subnets for wired and wireless?

Any assistance, pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Mark