[MLB-WIRELESS] External antennas for PC Cards / 100mw cards

Jamie Moir jmoir at jmcs.net.au
Mon May 10 18:37:11 EST 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Nick Sibbing wrote:

> Gday Bruce
> The antenna connector on an airport card is just standard avaya/oronoco.
> Almost any pigtail could be pushed through the pcmcia slot of a
> powerbook and into the Airport card after removing the inbuilt one
> (which is easy). The Ti powerbooks are notorious for poor wireless
> reception.

If its a B ones then it is MC card, if it is a G one then it is probably
MMCX on the cards, and probably MCX on the base station. I had the
misfortune to have to try and get apple to confess to what the connector
on the new G basestation was, and they said its just called ``the antenna
connector''.

Jamie