[MLB-WIRELESS] Ricoh Cradles, win xp and Abit nf7-s

lkhoo at csc.com.au lkhoo at csc.com.au
Wed Mar 31 09:33:22 EST 2004

Hi all,
      Has anyone had the above combination working?

I've had these ricoh adapters for quite some time and had never gotten
around to using them until last night.
I then found that regardless of what I tried I couldn't get ANY pc card
device to work in them.
In the melb wireless wiki pages for this cradle it say that people havn't
really had any problems with them.

http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/wiki/?Carriers

"WinXP didnt even ask for drivers, just started working with an Enterasys
Card -- JamesHealy"

The error that I'm getting is that I have a irq conflict with what ever
card I put into the cradle. The problem is that the conflicting IRQ IS the
cradle!
I've tried shuffeling the card into different pci slots and its just the
irq that changes. The problem remains the same.

Errors :  http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~koops/cardbus1.jpg
      http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~koops/cardbus2.jpg

I don't believe its wireless card as I put in another 3com enternet adapter
and it gets the same error.
I've gone through device manager and disabled most of the extra features to
see if this helps but thius made no difference.

For reference my specs : Athlon 2600+, abit nf7-s (nforce2), gf4 4200. 1gb
ddr.
Windows XP SP1. Most of the latest patches applied.
Ricoh drivers are the ones that came in the box.
Enterasys drivers are the feb '04 ones on enterasys.com

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

Lucas

for such purpose.