[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless Problems

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Wed Mar 24 11:20:41 EST 2004

The problems with the all in one units is that you're stuck with putting the
unit near your phone point for the ADSL connection which isn't necesarily
the best position for it for signal.

If you use a separate ADSL/Router and then use a normal Wireless Access
Point, you can put the AP on the end of a long piece of Cat5 and position it
more centrally in the house where it gives best coverage.

Also the more common brands like Netgear, D-link, etc, seems to have a lot
of little firmware issues, make sure it's running the latest firmware.