[MLB-WIRELESS] netstumbler

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at 2600.org.au
Tue Mar 16 19:21:41 EST 2004

I've had various issues with the included Windows XP drivers and netstumbler
with these cards, i.e. netstumbler will simply refuse to show any networks
at all.  I've had these issues on three machines, so it's not unique to one
configuration or card.  This could also be a side effect of updating to 8.72
firmware and then expecting the build-in stock drivers dated over two years
ago to be compatible with it.

Replacing them with the genuine Enterasys drivers solves the problem.  Same
applies to any of those Orinoco-based cards.

.t