[MLB-WIRELESS] Commercial use of MW network

TSwireless wireless at toysatellite.org
Fri Mar 5 12:58:39 EST 2004

Hello rick and co...

r> im not putting cash towards a carrier licence and if a vpn tunnel went thru
r> my link for a commercial gain company then i would start up a community
r> wireless group in melbourne like the one i thought i was already in

r> Community wireless, lets keep it for the community

i would have to agree... i have agonised in recent weeks over
increasing costs in establishing our second wireless project. but the
cost of carrier licences and impending competition from those with
vast funds behind them is just about negating any chance we have of
taking the next step.

we have access to a couple of excellent locations adjoining
fitzroy/collingwood, but whether anyone would use a closed network
remains to be seen, particularly when 3CR is only down the road! our
projects are based around copyright and royalty free ambient audio.
anyone for wireless unprogrammed, self-initiated muzak?

andrew

TS Wireless - Fitzroy                       wireless at toysatellite.org
Toy Satellite                   http://www.toysatellite.org/wireless/
This email is solely for the named addressee and may be confidential.