[MLB-WIRELESS] Node Setup Query?

Mark Farrell disco_bil at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 23 21:40:03 EST 2004

Hi all,

I have just purchased a antenna and coax and I was originally going to use
an old PC as an ap, however, my old PC is not co-operating and I was
thinking it would just be easier to just buy a minitar AP.

I am thinking of setting up the network as follows:

My PC -------\
                        \
ADSL------------- Billion 743GE-------AP------Antenna----------Melb Wireless
                        /
Sisters PC --/

The problem is I dont want my internet connection to be broadcast to the
whole of melb wireless. Is the way I am thinking of setting it up wrong? Is
this easily dont with the minitar AP or is it done some other way through
the router/modem? Or should i perserver with my old PC and get it to work?

I think this has been discussed before but i couldnt find the solution.

Thanks in advance (hope its not too stupid a question)

-Mark

Get a Virgin Credit Card and win an adventure:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;8661322;9498324;s?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/firstbirthday/track.cfm?source=N92