[MLB-WIRELESS] WRT54G Bulk Buy - cheaper again!

Nick Sibbing nick.sibbing at arts.monash.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 10:22:04 EST 2004

"Tony Langdon (ATC)" wrote:

> I must admit that I'm tempted.  Have an opportunity to throw something up
> the mast too in the next couple weeks...  What's the best option for access
> points for mast mounted PoE?

Tony
I think the best form of PoE is not to bother. Just use PoW (Power over
Wire a standard I'm jointly developing with Michael Borthwick)

I just purchased 20m of the heaviest 2core flex I could afford at Jaycar
approx $25 and just cut the wire for the original power supply and
extended it with the flex and connectors. Even the 4.5 v DLink worked
fine over it. The minitars and WRT54Gs that run at 12v would be even
easier. Cheap and easy.

In fact that returns me to one of my original questions. Could 3 12v APs
run off 2 power supplies to avoid me having to do any more cabling?

Regards
Nick Sibbing