[MLB-WIRELESS] wardriving? a old site i just found

Tyson Clugg tyson at wireless.org.au
Tue Jun 15 12:54:19 EST 2004

Clae wrote:
> At 1:08 AM +1000 13/6/2004, rick wrote:
> >http://kawasaki.kz/wireless/wireless-esky.htm
> >
> >pitty its a ford
>
> Pity it's illegal to drive around with a screen facing the driver

Pity people don't bother to get their facts from the source, Clae's
statement is close to the truth but not quite correct.  IANAL but...

I sourced some facts when this topic was discussed on this list previously:
https://www.wireless.org.au/archives/melbwireless/2004/May/16408.html

The facts in this case are relevant but not applicable, the regulations
mentioned are for vehicles in Australia, NZ might have *similar*
laws/regulations.

Regards,
Tyson.

PS: This has nothing to do with me defending my installation of a 7" in-dash
LCD connected to a VIA Eden computer in my car.  Really... honestly... you
believe me, right?  :P