[MLB-WIRELESS] Skype

Tom Fifield [gummAY] gummay at gummAY.net
Fri Jul 23 14:50:53 EST 2004

I use it [Skype] all the time to chat to friends. Given; this is ADSL-->
ADSL, but the quality is excellent. Far superior to Telephone and other
windows messaging utilities that I have encountered. I have heard about
poor dialup experiences though.

I've tried Firefly too (along with IParty, Ivisit, Sipps, SJPhone), and
sure, it's melbourne-based and has a few nifty features over skype -
like voice mail and configurable on hold music which are good, but the
quality was pathetic. On top of this, I had some issues with volume, and
found its calibration was a little finicky.

Tom Fifield