[MLB-WIRELESS] Providing free *real* internet access to the community...

Paul James paul.james at jamestronics.com
Tue Jul 20 13:13:26 EST 2004

Isn't your ISP going to be unhappy with you?

Most ISP's have a clause in the Acceptable Use Policy or similar that would prevent you from providing access to anyone outside of your LAN. This is their bread and butter, so if they don't have a clause to prevent this, I don't think it will take them very long to put one in.

You also need to be very careful as you are carrying third party traffic, or Melbourne wireless is, and could be required to have a carrier licence under the ACA rulings.

Regards,

Paul