[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: Handheld GPS

Alan gone_4wding at bigpond.com
Thu Feb 26 21:25:45 EST 2004

James,
The fundamental difference between the Garmin Units and the Magellan is
that you can operate the Garmin units with one hand. My Garmin etrex
doesn't allow you to enter way points via the keypad which is a major
pissoff.
If you intend to do a war drive make sure the unit you purchase can
accomodate an external antenna. The bottom of the line units don't offer
this and as a result they don't work well in the car.

Just my $0.02 worth
Alan