Fwd: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] Re: Soekris boards

tparker at netspace.net.au tparker at netspace.net.au
Mon Feb 16 16:01:28 EST 2004

Nick,

For application where you don't need all the features of pcmcia/cardbus like hot
plug, physical case etc. it is cheaper to use minipci.  I believe more and more
notebooks are using this for install and forget expansion like wifi.  At the
moment I don't think the cost savings are apparent due to volume differences
(pcmcia cards are probably still cheaper) but this will probably change over time).

Yes, these would make great APs esp. with dual minipci slots for two cards
(uplink and local area).

Cheers,
Tom

----- Forwarded message from Nick Sibbing <nick.sibbing at arts.monash.edu.au> -----