[MLB-WIRELESS] Major Node Working Group

Winder winder at iinet.net.au
Sat Feb 14 16:56:40 EST 2004

Sounds like a good idea.

 I was also thinking that there must be a lot of hardware out there that no
one is using and might not ever get used. So I'm suggesting that everyone
bring along all of your old hardware to the next wireless meeting (that you
are willing to give away for free to a good cause), and that people from
Melb wire try and make working systems out of them to use as hardware for
these Major Nodes. Anything that is not usefull to us might be usefull to
other members too, so it could be like a *real* swapmeet with first dibs for
Major Nodes.

 As for names, how about Key Nodes? I'd suggest something like the defunct
GHO would have been classed as a Key node, and if the plan to lock it down
so only certain other nodes can connect, I would say those 'certain other
nodes' would be key nodes also.

 I have hardware to donate. In fact my wife would LOVE it if I cleaned out
all of my junk.

Regards,
g at z.