[MLB-WIRELESS] PCMCIA to USB (Not cardbus)

vk3jma at net2000.com.au vk3jma at net2000.com.au
Thu Feb 12 12:18:08 EST 2004

OK,  Thanks guys,  looks as though the old laptop will be no goot for the task
queryed.

FYI  the IBM thinkpad 380ed does not have a cardbus compatiable slot as I did
recently purchase a dwl-650+ card, which is cardbus, and it would not fit!
ther is actually a difference in the locating tabs at the sided of the socket
on the card,  the older pcmcia card has a thin tab where as the cardbus had a
thicker.  I could not physically fit the cardbus card into the 380's slot for
this reason.

So,  moving on,  anyone want to swap their 2.4 GHz bells & whistle's laptop for
my old clunky ibm think pad?...........nah,  didnt think so.

Ho hum,  next project...........

Regards

Mark