[MLB-WIRELESS] Anyone tried 802.11g cards?

Peter Buncle peter at nmc.net.au
Wed Feb 11 23:32:42 EST 2004

We've done some testing with g with some of our nodes.

On short links the modulation used seems more rigid & we got better xfer
rates ,

But on long distances it seemed worse than B with no link even possible
on the equipment
we were using which was standard 802.11g.
When we locked the G equipment down at B speeds , it worked fine - so i
assume it's timing related.

The distances we tried were 1.7klm & 35 klms. I dont have test results
on distances in between
but it'd be great to know some actual tested distances where g starts to
drop off.

My 2c worth

Peter
NodeGUR