[MLB-WIRELESS] PCMCIA to USB (Not cardbus)

Troy Mitchell txrx at eridu.net
Wed Feb 11 21:49:53 EST 2004

 Im pretty sure it does. There was a known issue with the 380 series with
all cardbus cards, having to re-install drivers whenever you changed slots
or so. Check out the IBM site for BIOS updates to the unit.
Also, could try the BIOS settings that allow PCIC compat mode as opposed to
the default TI chip mode failing that. Maybe try that 1st if you havent
already :-)

Id be surprised if any pentium class notebook was pcmcia (16 bit) only. On a
tangent, I was looking for exactly one of these units (pccard-USB)to get a
USB disk happening with the iPaq. Of course the iPaq is 16bit only, no
cardbus option.

Troy