[MLB-WIRELESS] TIB?

Peter Buncle peter at nmc.net.au
Fri Feb 6 12:35:04 EST 2004

Afternoon Adam,

Depends on what level of reliability & bandwidth you want - but 15 -
20klms for a reliable connect with CLEAR los would be as far as id'd
want to push them.

(mind you we've got them running at 35klm, using better ap's - but it's
at 1mbs)

Be aware that due to timing limitations in wireless networking,
somewhere where after 5klms the maximum speed starts to drop off from
11mbs downward
and 54mbs does the same thing. This is supposed to be better in the
coming 802.16 standards but they could be a while away.

Cheers

Peter
NodeGUR