[MLB-WIRELESS] Revisiting OSPF

Mark Aitken (Home) vk3jma at ozemail.com.au
Tue Dec 14 14:23:39 EST 2004

Hi Guys (& Gals?),

How do these routing protocols assist those of us that just stick an AP(s)
(any AP) up on a pole and point a signal to another node(s)?

Eg.

If I where to have a series of AP's, at my location,  that joined others
together, however, for whatever reason, I did not have a host computer
controlling the routing, ie, just AP's interlinked.  A simple set up I
know, but may happen at a "well sited geographical data roundabout".

Or is it nessecary to have a host PC doing all the smarts at these
strategic locations?

Regards

Mark