[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: RF emissions of Grandstream Budgetone 102 VoIP phones.

Jason Hecker jhecker at wireless.org.au
Wed Dec 1 10:36:16 EST 2004

Hi,

What is the make and model of the VoIP device?  Does it have a C-Tick
with Nxxxx designation or CE label?  How about an FCC EMC compliance or
equivalent Canadian compliance statement?  That's really piss poor if it
spams your radio like that.  As you can imagine, the cat5 is coupling
noise from within the device and acting like a honking great antenna.
It could be harmonics of parts inside the device or harmonics from the
ethernet signalling.  Is the noise always there or only when ethernet
data is transmitted?

Regards
Jason Hecker