[MLB-WIRELESS] network webcam and HVC update

Tim Hogard thogard at knotty.abnormal.com
Thu Aug 26 21:41:25 EST 2004

> This is slightly off-topic, but if read in connection with an AP,
> could just as easily be suitable as wireless webcam :)

Node HVC is in a great location for a Ziggy-cam.  Anyone got any
ideas on how to do cheap ethernet cams?  I've seen some cheap ones
in the US but no one at the swap meet seems to be selling them :-(

The spot for HVC now has power and I tested the antenna with the
wrt54G but I'm not sure if it should go on the left or right
connector.  I could get decent coverge (with my ibook as far as I
was willing to walk that day so 400 m on the other side of the park)
The antenna is a 120 degree and I'm not sure of the range but at
this poing I'm going to try to point it to the NE so maybe we can
link the northern link to the eastern links but thats open to
discussion.

Does anyone in the Fitzroy area have any experience reflashing the
WRT?  I'm considering a node building BBQ sometime either this or
next weekend...

And who updates the dates on the web page, Next meeting is Aug
13th...

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com