[MLB-WIRELESS] Fwd: Node HVC

Nick Grundy ngrundy at isoproplex.net
Thu Aug 19 08:53:14 EST 2004

Tim sent thing to me by mistake!

----- Forwarded message from Tim Hogard <thogard at knotty.abnormal.com> -----

From: Tim Hogard <thogard at knotty.abnormal.com>
Subject: Node HVC
To: Nick Grundy <ngrundy at isoproplex.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:37:50 +0100 (BST)

Node HVC may be going live in a week.
I've got a limited amount of time at the site.

So far I've got a maxrad 120 degree antenna and the only spare
access point I've got is a d-link 614+ which I think will die a
nasty death at that location.  I've also got a minitar and a linksys
wrk54g.  None of which have the right connectors for the antenna.

The site is on the North East of the CBD on top of the building at
about 166 meters so it will be seen by nearly anyplace in the north
and east.  Of course it will also pick up anything so I expect it
to have problems much like node GHO.

So does anyone have any suggestions for an AP or which way to
point the antenna?

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com

----- End forwarded message -----

~Nick
-----
Every cloud has a silver lining (except for the mushroom shaped ones, which have a lining of Iridium & Strontium 90)