[MLB-WIRELESS] LinkSYS WRT54G Over Long Distance

Phil Mawson phil at soundguy.id.au
Wed Aug 18 19:12:59 EST 2004

Hi Guys,

I have got myself a Linksys WRT54G and have loaded on the Sveasoft
Firmware (Satoria-4.0 v2.07 1.7sv)on it and works like a treat :-)

I also have a 8dB Omni antenna connected to it, and changed the setting
in the firmware to use 50mw not 28mw. (It can go up to 80mw but I have
been told that having it that high can fry it).

With these settings how far away would link last?

Using another WRT54G the other end a good option too? I know it will
probably drop down to B speeds anyway.

I will also be opening this link to users in my area, I'm node HFD.  I
have noticed there is not one very close to me, but can always start :)
Services will be file, irc, gaming and much more :)

Thanks

Phil
NODE: HFD