[MLB-WIRELESS] Getting two AP to talk

Winder winder at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 3 20:31:08 EST 2004

well, I've got a link to AAF using a 30 mW enterasys card, a 1 meter
pigtail, 8 meters of LMR 400 and a 15 db Hills antenna, and I get a good 5
meg, sometimes 11 meg. That is over 2 kilometers and I can't really see the
other end as there are a few trees etc in the way.

 I think 15 db is 30 mW, so 18 db is more power. If you have the right
antenna and not as much loss in your cable setup as I have, you should be
able to get a link up easy as piss.

Regards,
g at z.