[MLB-WIRELESS] IP traffic analysis LINUX

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Fri Apr 30 14:11:52 EST 2004

You probably want either ipac-ng, or ulog-acctd (if you want to be
funky):

http://ipac-ng.sourceforge.net/
http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ulog-acctd

Both of these are easily installable via packages on the linux distro of
your choice (afaik, I'm a debianite myself).

Ipac-ng allows you to summarise traffic based on iptables rules (such as
subnets, below) - probably what you want.

If you feel brave, ulog-acctd allows you to actually save TCP flow
information, so you have detail down to every single transfer. If you're
doing lots of traffic, you'll want a big HDD ;)

Enjoy,

	Fenn.