[MLB-WIRELESS] OT Which PDA?

radio tech radio at dodo.com.au
Tue Apr 20 21:10:22 EST 2004

Hi Wireless Wizards!
I am on the hunt for a new PDA, my tired old Palm III series units are past
it. Have been looking at the Ipaq models but wonder if anyone here has
experience with any particular model or possible other brand that is 802.11
friendly as far as performance and flexibility of software for
"discovering" hot spots etc. I want it primary for WEB browsing/messaging
in overseas airport terminals and other places on my overseas work trips.
Up to now, I have used IR portal setups in airports, or the Pocketmail
acoustic coupler interfaced with pay phones for email.
Any ideas appreciated.

Jack.