[MLB-WIRELESS] new node HRW

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Fri Apr 2 12:15:31 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Lee Moyle
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 9:04 AM
Subject: [MLB-WIRELESS] new node HRW

>Hi all
>we are looking at placing a node on a 2 story factory in Hallam, Just close
to the hallam pub
>for starters will have a dlink 900ap+ (no comments ryan)

.....my silence is comment enough.  ;)

But seriously, I would suggest two AP's up there.  1 on a 180 or 360 degree
antenna running as an Access Point.  The other running client mode and a
directional antenna pointing off to join in with another cluster.  You
attach the two with a crossover cable.

This way the AP isn't using part of it's bandwidth for it's uplink to the
cluster it's attached to.