[MLB-WIRELESS] Minitar specs

Gordon Staines gstaines at theage.com.au
Tue Sep 30 13:09:34 EST 2003

G'day Nick,

I dont know about the DLink from personal experience, but Im also
looking at purchasing an AP and the TIB looks like a good place to get
them from.

 From my initial investigation the SVEC looks like a much better deal
especially if you want to tinker with them. The point that you can tweak
the power output (up to 100mw) as well as direct / output to a specific
antenna looks very appealing for our type of application

Besides its only $25.00 difference in price.

Does anyone know what the maximum power output for the minitar AP is and
if it can be configured?

Of course this all depends on your application.

Cheers

Gordon

Nick Sibbing wrote:

>Subject: RE: recieve sensitivity of wireless ap
>   Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:00:46 +0930
>   From: Minitar Sales <sales at minitar.com>
>     To: 'Nick Sibbing' <nick.sibbing at arts.monash.edu.au>
>
>Rcv sensitivity is 83dbm at 11mbps. Chipset is Realtek and the
>configuration
>is via web browser so it will support any OS.
>
>Best Regards Sales
>
>Gday All
>I asked minitar for some more info abou their APs which are currently
>offered on the TIB
>
>any clever people care to comment on how this compares with other APs eg
>DLink 900
>
>Regards Nick

>.

The information contained in this e-mail message and any accompanying files is or may be confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, reliance, forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail or any attached files is unauthorised. This e-mail is subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or communicated without the written consent of the copyright owner. If you have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by return e-mail, or telephone and delete all copies. Fairfax does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained in this e-mail or attached files. Internet communications are not secure, therefore Fairfax does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or attached files.