[MLB-WIRELESS] pda

najmead at swiftdsl.com.au najmead at swiftdsl.com.au
Tue Sep 30 10:02:14 EST 2003

> steve if i wanted a smart ass repy i would have spoken to you at the
> wireless meet, thanks for your lack of serious input

It may have been a smart arse reply, but I suspect it is an accurate one.
I looked into PDAs a few months back and came to the conclusion that one
that fitted my needs/wants simply didn't exist.  Wireless connectivity was
one of the criteria I considered, although not an essential one.

I simply don't think you can get a PDA for under $300 unless you get an
entry-level Palm.  In any event, you still need to fork over the bucks for
a wireless adapter.  Check out cnet.com/reviews to see what I mean about
prices.

FWIW, PDAs are FBT exempt... so depending on your work situation, you can
salary sacrifice for one.  Depending on your salary, the tax benefits can
be quite significant, possibly even allowing you to effectively purchase a
$700+ PDA for your $300 budget.  The same is true for laptops (though you
can only salary sacrifice one laptop OR one PDA every twelve months).

Cheers,
Nick